- The Presidencey /Zuma faction
The Presidents focus is torn between the people of S.A. and Zuma faction of the ANC. The zuma faction headed by Ace Magashule has publiclally challenged the President on many issues. Considering the corruption scandles that Ace Magashule has been involved in, he is launching a direct threat against the presidency so as to deflect attention from his own revelations and thus pending prosecutions.
- Pray for hidden agendas to be revealed
- Pray for God to confuse the strategy of the Zuma faction, so that it would not accomplish its purposes.
- Hand the perpertrators over to the righteous judgements of God, should they not repent.
Deut 28:20 – “The Lord will send on you curses, confusion, and frustration in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken me.
- The Economic Policy
The President had referred to the National Development Plan (NDP) in his State of the Nation address. The NDP had many lofty goals but was ignored for so long that it now seems impossible to reach any of the goals. One of the goals of the NDP was to get unemployment to 6% by 2030. Currently, unemployment is at 27,5% (in the first quarter of 2019). Questions being raised in the media is whether these goals can be realized? Although most media felt that pursuit of the NDP will stabilize the financial markets and is a great improvement of Pres Zuma’s radical economic transformation policy, they raise concerns about the implementation of the strategy.
Prov 20:18 Amplified Purposes and plans are established by counsel, and [only] with good advice make or carry on war.
Passion Translation: If you solicit good advice, then your plans will succeed. So, don’t charge into battle without wisdom, for wars are won by skilful strategy.
- President’s advisors will provide him with wisdom in determining an implementation strategy for the NDP.
- That the good plans that the Lord has for SA Economy will be realized and as South Africans we should speak those good plans into life/being (Prov 18:21Deathand life are in the power of the tongue; And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof). There is a huge responsibility for the Body of Christ to frame our world in South Africa by speaking life into every area of this nation.
- Let’s pray that unemployment will decrease dramatically and the economy improved.
- The NPA and State Capture
The Commission on State Capture is still ongoing. Many active politicians (currently in parliament and as chairpersons of the committees) are implicated in the State Capture. No one has been arrested yet. Although there is, therefore, transparency into what had transpired during the State Capture, no one has yet been held accountable. South Africans are losing hope that anyone will be held accountable.
The Lord has clearly indicated (and this was also prophesied repeatedly) that no longer will corruption be tolerated and people will be held publicly accountable.
Ezek 6:7 & 10 And the slain shall fall in the midst of you and you shall know, understand and realize that I am the Lord.
And they shall know, understand and realize that I am the Lord. I have not said in vain that I would bring this evil calamity [in punishment] upon them.
Adv H Cronje was appointed as the Head of the Anti-Corruption Unit within the NPA and would most probably be the person to lead the prosecution of offenders in the State Capture-case. I saw a vision of her leading the army, like Deborah of old. She and her boss, Adv S Batohi will need a lot of courage and protection in prosecuting these influential offenders.
Josh 10:25Joshua said to them, Fear not nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage. For thus shall the Lord do to all your enemies against whom you fight.
- Declare that corrupt people will be publicly held accountable for their corrupt activities;
- Pray for the protection of Adv Cronje and Adv Batohi and their families;
- Pray that they will be infused with the courage to exercise the mandate to work actively against corrupt individuals and that they will not be deterred by anything.