- Budget Speech of Min Tito Mboweni on 26 February 2020
- 2 Kings 13:5 “So God provided a saviour for Israel who brought them out from under Aram’s oppression. The children of Israel were again able to live at peace in their own homes.”
It is very evident that God has a plan with Minister Mboweni. He is task with an almost impossible task – to turn the economy of South Africa around. He has many challenges: the level of state debt, the precarious positions of state-owned enterprises – SAA, ESKOM….
God has called Minister Mboweni to be a saviour for the people of South Africa to bring us out from the oppression of our floundering economy. We bless him and we pray for his continuous protection and that he will live in divine health. We pray for an increase in wisdom and understanding and wise counsellors to assist him in developing plans and for the successful implementation thereof. The wisdom of man alone will not be enough – Godly wisdom is needed – God thrives on impossible situations – With God EVERYTHING is possible. NOTHING is impossible for Him.
- Unnatural deaths of learners in schools since beginning of school
- Matt 8:6-10 “”Master, my servant is sick. He can’t walk. He is in terrible pain. Jesus said ‘I’ll come and heal him.’ ‘Oh, no’, said the captain. ‘I don’t want to put you to all that trouble. Just give the order and my servant will be fine. I’m a man who takes orders and gives orders. I tell one solder, ‘Go’ and he goes; to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.’ Taken aback, Jesus said, ‘I’ve yet to come across this kind of simple trust in Israel, the very people who are supposed to know all about God and how he works.”
13 deaths in just over a month in one province alone! Clearly this is not just a coincidence. Clearly there is an attack on the lives of our children, especially in the Gauteng Province, but also in the rest of our country.
Matt 6 is a call for us as believers and the Body of Christ to display that faith that if God speaks – it WILL happen. Let’s content for the safety of our children and request God to release His angels to protect our children. As the Body of Christ we stand in agreement that the lives of our children are precious in the sight of our Lord. We declare that He has good plans for them and we resist the spirit of death that has come to destroy the lives of children in the Name of Jesus and we stand on Your word in faith that the spirit of death will flee. No more deaths, no more deaths in the name of Jesus.
- Drought in Northern Cape
- Deut 24:18 “Don’t ever forget that you were once slaves in Egypt and God, your God, got you out of there. I command you: Do what I’m telling you.
God is reminding us that He is still the same God that has done wonders in the past. Remember those times that He has come through for you and build your faith on those miracles. If God has done it in the past, then surely, He will do it again. Be obedient. As people of the Northern Cape, do what you hear God tells you to do. As a people of faith let us stand on the prophetic word over the Northern Cape that rain will come and that it will increase and that the drought will be broken. Let us be like Caleb and Joshua that believed God despite what the circumstances looked like. God is able to break the drought. We declare that God is Good in all circumstances and that He will do what He has said. We thank you God, that the drought in the Northern Cape will be broken. They are not a forgotten province.
- Conduct of political leaders at SONA
- 1 Pet 2:13, 16 and 17: “Make the Master proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level. Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.”
One of His Kingdom principles is to respect the government. This count also for political leaders, even within parliament where they are protected by immunity and where they are allowed more freedom of speech.
Yet, respect is required even here, and even if you disagree with others, you do that with respect.
As the Body of Christ we pray that respect for government will be restored in our country.