- State Capture: holding the participants and sponsors of the “state capture project” accountable (Psalm 21:8, Hebrews 10:31)
There are many who held positions of authority during the height of state capture, who allowed and even encouraged rampant corruption, but on the surface of things are unlikely to face prosecution because they were not found in the wrong by any legal processes (e.g. SABC, SAA, SARS, NPA). They protest innocence, as they point to this fact. To this day, there are still those who desire to continue this destruction.
These people need to be held to account as a deterrent and a warning to those tempted to follow in their way, and those that are still enamoured with wrong- doing, thinking they will continue to get away with it.
– Pray that those whose have not been found wanting by any legal process be brought to book (Jeremiah 17:9-10, Hebrews 10:31).
– Arrest this spirit of corruption to cease and desist from its continual destruction across our various government (Micah 2:1-4, Psalm 21:8)
– Vindication for those who have stood and continue to stand against corruption, to great personal risk and harm (Psalm 26).
- The Economy – SOEs: rejuvenation (Isaiah 48:17, Phil 2:13)
Our SOEs are in trouble. Most released worse financial results than last year, many are unprofitable while some are technically insolvent. The SOEs play a critical role in driving the economy and providing jobs.
– Thank the Lord for clear and coherent plans/strategies, that are in line with His good pleasure and will, to make these SOEs profitable again (Isaiah 48:17, Phil 2:13).
– Ask the Lord to grant those in positions of authority, the political will and necessary resources to implement (Psalm 20:6-9).
– Ask the Lord to intervene divinely to remove the blockages and hindrances that would go against implementation (Ezra 4:21, 6:7)
– Recovery for SOEs in severe straits (Isaiah 58:12)
3)The Education Sector: the low quality and inequity of our education system directly impacts our economic performance.
– Let us ask the Lord for the right elements (curricula, staff, quality, witty ideas etc.) to move us in line with not just the present growth needs of our economy, but also prepare our future generations adequately for 4IR (Zechariah 10:1, Psalm 37:4).