Sa back to God is helping to mobilise the church by providing prayer points on all 3 aspects of what we will be praying for. This initiative will be release detailed and concurrent prayer points, together with fasting motivations.
THE LAND DEBATE
It was at creation that God the Creator committed the world and its resources to humanity (Gen. 1:28–29). It was because the man and the woman were made in the image of God that they were commanded to subdue the created order and to exercise dominion over the whole of it.
However, in an ultimate sense, in Israel all property belonged to the Lord, as Leviticus 25:23 (NIV, 1984) made clear: “the land is mine and you are but aliens and my tenants.” Because Yahweh is the one and only Lord and ultimate king over Israel, he was also Lord of the soil and its products.
“You shall not steal” (Ex. 20:15), which provided for property rights as well. With this command, not only was the principle of individual ownership recognised…
- Wisdom and Godly order in process of releasing the land
- Proper understanding of STEWARDSHIP in land ownership
- Righteousness and justice to prevail in distribution
- Land distribution with impartiality
SCRIPTURES TO PRAY:
- Exodus 6:8
- ‘I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the LORD.'”
- Mark 12:1-9
- And He began to speak to them in parables: “A man PLANTED A VINEYARD AND PUT A WALL AROUND IT, AND DUG A VAT UNDER THE WINE PRESS AND BUILT A TOWER, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey.
- Acts 17:26
- and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,
The Christian worldview provides a comprehensive understanding of reality. It speaks to all areas of life, including political engagement. In fact, the Bible speaks about civil government and provides examples of faithful engagement.
- In the Old Testament, Joseph and Daniel served in civil government, exerting influence to further the flourishing of their nations.
- In the New Testament, Jesus engaged in holistic ministry, caring for the spiritual and physical needs of people. Feeding the hungry and healing diseases were an outworking and extension of the reconciliatory message of the gospel.
- Engaging in “good works” should include participating in the political process because of the legitimate and significant role of government. The decisions made by government have a substantial impact on people and the way we interact with them. A Christian worldview should include a political theology that recognizes every area of life must be included in the “good works” of believers, especially politics, an area with significant real-life implications for people.
- Men and woman of God to be elected into office in Political Parties, men of character and stature!
- For office bearers tasked to prepare the voters role. Forbidding corruption in the prepartion of the voters role
- Councillors who stand fearless in the face of corruption & witchraft
- The legitimate institution of government whereby Christians can reassert their influence, thereby redeeming government to promote good and restrain evil.
- The date for the elections to be brought forward…. The prophets have seen this in the Spirit, we need to execute this in the spirit.
SCRIPTURES TO PRAY:
- Deut 1:13 – men of wisdom and understanding to be chosen
- Isaiah 9:6 – the government is apoun His shoulders…
- Nehemiah 4:14 – And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles and to the rulers and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.
What is the significance of a city gate in the Bible?
Besides being part of a city’s protection against invaders, city gates were places of central activity in biblical times. It was at the city gates that important business transactions were made, court was convened, and public announcements were heralded. In our modern day cities, the gates function as the government of the city!
Cities were ordained by God to be places whereby the inhabitants of the city could find peace, prosperity and establishment of family structures etc.
- Our mayors, city office bearers, police force’s, judicial courts, sschools, church’s
- The closing of gateways of crime: drugs, prostitution, human trafficking
- The voice of the KINGDOM OF GOD to be heard in dark places
- The church must arise above false Kingdoms, in order for Kingdom Rule to be released over our cities…
- Prosperity and Joy in our cities…
SCRIPTURES TO PRAY
- Romans 13:6 – governors give themselves to governing (paraphrased)
- Esther 8:17 – And in all lands and cities into what places soever the king’s word and commandment reached, there was joy and mirth, prosperity and good days among the Jews: insomuch that many of the people in the land became of the Jews’ belief: for the fear of the Jews came upon them.