URGENT CALL TO PRAYER
ASK OF ME… AND I WILL GIVE YOU SOUTH AFRICA. Psalm 2:8
PRAYER GUIDELINES FOR URGENT PRAYER – 22-24 September 2019
(You can also download prayer points at www.ifsaprayer.co.za or www.jwipn.com)
REGARDING THE CURRENT VIOLENCE AND XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS
Acts 17:26-31 (NKJV) And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,  so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;  for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’  Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising.  Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,  because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. “God made all people from one blood (Eph. 3:6, Col 1:20).
Points to consider:
- God determines the territory / boundaries / movement / migration of people
- “Being then God’s offspring” (vs29) – We as God’s people (His offspring) ought to have a different response than the world. i.e. Love, compassion and forgiveness.
- God’s intent with foreigners is that they will seek Him and find Him. If we reject any people group/nation, we reject God’s purpose in and for them!
- We can’t live in the past. We must live in the present and build for the future.
- We must not respond to the current situation/s from an economic or political perspective but from the pattern of His Word.
- Deuteronomy 28:43 reveals a curse at work. Economic judgment from disobedience to His
- commands. We therefore should not be blaming and pointing fingers but should be interpreting the current situation through God’s word and take responsibility before God.
- There is a clear demonic and criminal component to the violence, the works of darkness need to be confronted. Xenophobia, Gender Abuse, Rape, Human Trafficking, Youth and Children Abuse, Racism, Fear, Anger, Hatred, Fake News, Criminal elements, Demonic Elements, Drugs and Substance Abuse, Corruption.
REGARDING THE ABUSE OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN
There is a clear demonic component in the abuse of women and children. Many of the incidents are linked to drug and substance abuse, human trafficking and total lack of respect for women in our nation. Men and boys should be taught to respect women of all ages, and there is need for a place where women and children can receive counselling, healing and restoration.
ORDINARY PRAYERS WILL NOT SUFFICE FOR THE CHALLENGES WE FACE. LET US KNEEL BEFORE GOD, REND OUR HEARTS AND TRAVAIL FOR THE SALVATION OF OUR NATION.
1. ASK OF ME – FOR THE NATION.
Psalms 2:8 (NKJV) Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance
The politicians do not have control of what is going on in the nation. The church and even business does not have control also. It seems like it is the highest bidder that is in control. Anyone who makes the loudest noise or the most outrageous act, is the one who controls the direction of the country. The recent violence in xenophobic attacks and increase abuse of women and children, indicates that there is a clear demonic component at work in our nation. We need to ask God to give the nation back to the church of the Lord Jesus Christ where the fear of the Lord will come back to God’s people. Where the word of God as preached by the church will be respected. This will bring respect for God and for people.
Pray: Father God, we ask of You to give us South Africa. We confess that as the Church we had entrusted the government of our nation to politicians and neglected our role as Church to spiritually guard and guide our nation. We repent of our neglect and indifference. Please forgive us. We take our nation back from whoever gained authority over it. James 4:3 (NKJV) You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
Pray: Father, we repent of our attitudes of pride, arrogance and entitlement. We confess that we walked in presumption and that many of us pray with a self-righteous attitude and with selfish motives. Please forgive us for having only our selfish pleasures in mind when we pray. Please forgive us for accusing and judging others, and for complaining about our country, rather than praying. We humble ourselves before You today.
2. “FOR MY NAME’S SAKE” – RESTORATION FOR HIS GLORY NOT OURS.
Ezekiel 36:22-32 (NKJV) “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went.  And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.  Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord GOD, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!”
- Repent for dishonouring the Name of our Lord Jesus and for a restoration of the glory of His Name
- For a deep cleansing in the Church and a return to God’s Word and His commands
- For a restoration of the Fear of the Lord (Psalm 34:11-14)
- A call to obedience (1 Sam.15:22-23; Num.14:24)
3. RESPOND IN LOVE AND FORGIVENESS (1 Corinthians 13; Matt.6:14-15)
Matthew 6:14-15 (NKJV) “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Confess hard-heartedness, indifference, lack of love, lack of compassion and lack of kindness in the Church
- Identificational confession on behalf of both foreigners and South Africans for the recent outbreaks of violence (Dan.9:3-19)
- Identificational confession on behalf of men towards women regarding gender violence (Neh.1:5-11)
- Forgiveness is a divine expression of love. Confess our lack of forgiveness towards other people.
- Pray that God will help us to understand the concept of forgiveness. That forgiveness does not have anything to do with pardoning the perpetrator, but it opens a way for healing of the victim.
- Pray that God will help us to reconcile to one another and that in the Body of Christ we will come to a place of real unity.
- Pray for healing for individuals and the nation.
- Ask God to pour his love into our hearts so that the Church can respond in love, demonstrating works of kindness and compassion.
- Proclaim this promise: “Violence shall no more be heard in your land, wasting nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise” – Isaiah 60:18
4. FOCUS ON THE HARVEST (Matt.9:37-38; 28:18-20)
Matthew 9:36-38 (NKJV) But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.  Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the labourers are few.  Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest.”
- Confess the disobedience of the Church to the Great Commission to “Go, and make disciples of all nations.”
- Ask the Lord of the Harvest to force out labourers into the Harvest, For God to give us the grace of love and compassion for souls, and for a plentiful harvest of souls in our nation!
- Pray that the Church in South Africa will fulfill our destiny to go and preach the gospel of the Kingdom to the whole world, to disciple the nations, to gather the harvest and to bring healing wherever we go (Luke9:2)
- That rivers of living waters will flow from the Church as we walk in obedience to this call (John.7:38)
5. INVITE THE HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 2:2-4)
Acts 2:2-4 (NKJV) And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.  Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. This is all about God’s glory. In Revival God’s manifest presence is tangible – creating an unmistakable AWARENESS of who He is, resulting in Salvation and Sanctification. We are not going to reach our nation with normal evangelism and normal prayer. It is time for the extraordinary. Extraordinary prayer, extraordinary harvest of souls, extraordinary honouring of the God of the heavens and the earth, extraordinary centrality of Jesus as the our Saviour, extraordinary holiness in the Body of Christ, and extraordinary spiritual warfare.
- Lord Jesus Christ, we humble ourselves before You. Lord we are desperate for revival, send the rain, we need the rain of revival in our nation. We confess that we had resisted, grieved and quenched the Holy Spirit. Will you once again pour out your Spirit on us to revive and restore the Church? (Acts.7:51; Eph.4:13; 1Thess.5:19; Psalm 80:14-19)
- That with the help of the Holy Spirit, we will build a dwelling place for God in the Church in South Africa (2Sam 7:12-16)
- For God to grant us mercy and help us to restore righteousness, truth and peace in our nation (Psalm 85:4-7)
- For God to answer our supplications and cause all South Africans to worship Him and glorify His name (Ps 86:6-17)
- For God to have compassion on us and to establish the work of our hands (Ps 90:13-17)
- That God will rend the heavens and come down! (Is 64:1-4)
6. RESIST THE WORKS OF DARKNESS
James 4:6-8 (NKJV) But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “GOD RESISTS THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”  Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- In the Name of Jesus Christ, we take spiritual control over our nation.
- We resist and rebuke the spiritual forces of darkness that work through Xenophobia, Gender Abuse, Rape, Human Trafficking, Youth and Children Abuse, Racism, Fear, Anger, Hatred, Violence, Crime, Drugs and Substance Abuse, Corruption and Fake News.
- Call on the Name of Jesus Christ and the power of His blood, to disarm the principalities, powers and forces of wickedness in our nation, and to destroy every work of the devil that causes death and destruction (Col.2:5; Heb.2:14)
- Ask in Jesus’ name that any curses on our land because of sin and because of witchcraft and negative words will be nullified and removed (Gal.3:13)
CONCLUDE THE TIME OF PRAYER BY CORPORATELY PRAYING THE LORD’S PRAYER
Matthew 6:9-13 (NKJV) Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.  Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.  And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.  And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR THE 3 DAYS OF PRAYER
- Consider having a time of prayer in your congregation on Sunday 22 September 2019, and opening churches for lunchtime prayer on Monday 23 September 2019.
- Consider having corporate prayer meetings every evening led by local pastors.
- Form small prayer groups on whatsapp or in your community to pray and fast for the 3 days, 22 – 24 September 2019.
- For businesses to arrange prayer meetings in business districts and inviting neighbouring businesses to join in prayer.
- Consider having corporate interdenominational prayer on a city-wide or communal basis for the National Day of prayer, 24 September 2019. Invite foreigners who live in your area to join you.
- Consider praying at the police station in your area.
THE WAY FORWARD
- Continue to pray for the Church and Revival
- Establish prayer groups and 24/7 prayer watches in your church and community
- Pray and work for the healing of people and our nation
- Consider ongoing prayer patrols (driving and praying) and prayer walking in the hotspot areas of violence in your community
- For a variety of prayer initiatives visit www.jwipn.com or www.ifsaprayer.co.za, or any of the other prayer networks mentioned in the declaration.